Annual Report of Chinmaya Vidyalaya Badiadka 2018-19
Pranam at the holy feet of Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayanandaji, Honourable Chief Guest of the day Sri. M.V Sukumaran, DYSP Kasaragod, Swami Viviktananda Saraswati, President of our Vidyalaya, Honored Guests, Parents, Colleagues, Students and Well wishers.
It is my proud privilege and honor to present to you the annual report of our Vidyalaya.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam said that “Education is an endless journey through knowledge and enlightenment”
Chinmaya Vidyalaya is rich in its vision to give children a true opportunity in life which would help them to face any challenges ahead of life in a positive and dynamic manner.
Celebrating important days has become an integral part of joyful learning, community building and thought provoking process.
World Environment Day, International Day of Yoga, Vayana Varam, Raksha Bandhan, Independence Day, Onam, Vijayadashami, Birthday of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Children's Day, Swami Vivekananda Jayanthi, Indian Army Day, Republic Day and many other days were celebrated with due importance.
Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Cultural Amongst Youth, organised SPICMACAY by Bhute Khan team on 03.10.2018
A combined event of Shree Krishna Janmastami and Onam was held in our Vidyalaya on 31.08.2018. The programme was organised by Chinmaya Balavihar.
A colourful procession took place in the Vidyalaya Campus. Students were dressed up as Krishna and Radhes. Swami Thatwananda Saraswati, Acharya Chinmaya Mission Kerala was inaugurated the function. Balavihar students performed in different cultural events.
The celebration started with the setting up of an attractive floral decoration(pookkalam) by the different houses. Another attraction of the day was the traditional ‘Onamsadya’ which was arranged by Annapoorna Food Committee that included varieties of dishes, rice and Payasam.
Chinmaya Chess Championship-Season 2 was held on 29th July. The tournament was inaugurated by Swami Viviktananda Saraswati by moving a chess coin. More than 280 students from 37 different schools participated in the tournament.
· Chinmaya Vidyalaya Badiadka was the first runner up in Kasaragod District CBSE Sahodaya Kalotsav. Anagha P.S of 6th Standard and Varadhwaj of 4th standard have honoured with category wise championship at the district level Kalotsav.
· 13 students of our vidyalaya participated in CBSE Sahodaya State Level Kalotsavam which was held on November 24th and 25th at I E S Chittilapilly Trissure And our Vidyalaya was in 99th position in stage and 2nd position in Kasaragod District among 1249 CBSE affiliated schools in Kerala.
Students who participated in state Kalotsav are Smitha, Anantharama, Anagha, Kshama, Namratha, Vishalya, Anush, Anish K, Sandesh N, Samanvitha and Varadwaj
· Our vidyalaya students participated in CBSE Chandragiri Sahodaya Annual Athletic Meet. Nakul Pai has got first place in Shotput, Sreelaxmi has got first place in CBT and Shivasharan has got first place in long jump.
· Students from 1st to 7th Standard attended PCM Scholarship Examination 48 selected for the PCM Scholarship and 2 students have got rank.
· 15 students from our Vidyalaya participated in Chinmaya Mission District Level Geeta Chanting which was organised by Chinmaya Mission Kasaragod and Parashara Sharma, Sandesh and Anagha got prizes.
· Sandesh of 4th standard has got 3rd place in State Level Geeta Chanting Competition which was held on 24th December at Chinmaya Vidyalaya Trissure.
· Students of Chinmaya Dogo participated many Karate Kata and Kumiti events 4 awarded first place at the National Level Karate held on December 3rd at Mangalore.
Staff orientations have been conducted throughout the academic year for different subjects by the experts, and also conducted English speaking classes and Chinmaya Vision Programmes.
Smt. Shanthi Yashavanth Acharya attended Sutanthra Gosthi 4 days training session for IT teacher held at Chinmaya International Residential School, Coimbatore.
We follow V.V. Joseph's curriculum for Kindergarten (LKG-123 readiness skills, UKG - Language Skills).
Chinmaya Sisu Mandhir- Day care where kids of working mothers are taken care of in spacious halls with play materials and other facilities provided.
Karate, Music and yoga weekly classes are held for Boys and girls.
Chess coaching classes are held for beginners and players every Saturday.
To instil in pupils the art of self-discipline and self-government and to encourage a spirit of healthy competition among them, they are organised into 3 houses. They are Cauvery (Purple) Alakananda (Blue), Bhageerathi (Yellow).
The integration of work and study is the key element in Chinmaya Vidyalaya. All the students are obliged to gain practical experience in the course of their academic education. The concept of Clubs is seen as an opportunity for adaptation to life in the group, forming good life long habits and cultivating a voluntaristic spirit. Club activities supplement academics and give the students practical training which they require in their day to day life. In the school various club activities are organized giving an opportunity to the students to display their talents.
Under the guidance and support of Swami Viviktananda Saraswati, President of our vidyalaya we are able to bring up our vidyalaya to a high standard.
The academic year 2018-19 was very meaningful with high academic achievements and different activities. We were able to accomplish these achievements only with the continuous support of the management, teaching and non-teaching staff, Parents and students.
I take this opportunity to thank the management, teaching and non-teaching staff and parents for their trust and support which they have showered on me and continue to do so in times to come ahead.
Thank you, Hari Om.